A Delight Stronger Than Affliction

 

Still Brewing 

Philippians 1:6, 2 Corinthians 3:18, Romans 12:2, Hebrews 10:14, Colossians 3:10, 2 Peter 3:18

☕ Justified in CHRIST and continually being sanctified - we are still brewing!


Still Brewing: Coffee #38

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。..・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。..・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Hello, friends! Today I wanted to share some notes from a couple of verses at the end of Ecclesiastes about delighting in HIS Word, and ultimately in CHRIST. And this delight, as we see in Psalm 119, will be stronger than any affliction we may face. 

"The Preacher sought to find words of delight, and uprightly he wrote words of truth. The words of the wise are like goads, and like nails firmly fixed are the collected sayings; they are given by one Shepherd."
Ecclesiastes 12:10-11

Reading about delighting in HIS Truth could not help but remind me of Psalm 119. Just as we know that GOD's Word is our truth and our delight, we know that JESUS is the Word and Truth

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life, and the life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it."
John 1:1-5

"And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth."
John 1:14

When it comes to what we are to focus on, everything always comes back to loving and truly delighting in JESUS

Going back to my comment about Psalm 119 from earlier, when I was looking at verses about delighting in HIS Law, I especially loved this one:

"If your law had not been my delight, I would have perished in my affliction."
Psalm 119:92

I would have perished in my affliction if HIS Word were not my delightEven in the everyday toils of life, like we see throughout Ecclesiastes, without the hope of CHRIST, what is the meaning of it all?

What vast hope and joy JESUS has given us—more than we can comprehend!

────୨ৎ────

When I was out to coffee the other day with a friend, we were mentioning the joy we have in JESUS right now. We do not have to live in misery. This life is hard! Afflictions cause us so much pain. The toils of life can feel unending. But our GOD loves us dearly. Not only is everything for HIS glory, but the good HE has in mind for us also glorifies HIMOur good!

Even if on earth we experience much pain, we do not have to let the misery of this broken world take overIn CHRIST, we have so much hope, and that hope brings joy, peace, and comfort. We have everything in HIM right now.

It is such a beautiful and fulfilling choice to delight in JESUS with our livesSoak up HIS Word, cry out to HIM in prayer, sing to HIM with hope, there is so much comfort to be found in CHRIST during our time here on earth!

LORD willing, see you all for our next cup of coffee together! 
- Sabina 

Comments

  1. Sigh, you don't let up on this old man, Sabina. Just when I think I have all the truth I need to finish up my life, you remind me of another challenge! The Scripture you used: Psalm 119:92 is preceded by the words, "Your regulations (Law) remain true to this day, for everything serves Your plans."(NLT) I just finished Ezekiel yesterday and, the last chapter seemed rather insignificant to me. For years I have highlighted in my Bibles the word will, when spoken by God. The last chapter of Ezekiel has 24 wills. Then, it dawned on me, of course, the Orderlyness of God! Similar to what Christian scientist call: the "The Fine Tuned Universe". It gives a new meaning to the TV show "Law and Order"! Sabina, it brings me great comfort to know that you embrace the Absolute Sovereignty of God. And, speaking of delight, you are such a delight to me and so many others!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who would have thought the concept of Law and Order came from the very True GOD HIMSELF 😂💗 Thank you so much for sharing and being an encouragement as always!!

      Delete
  2. so many of these truths, I have been saying to myself and reading in GOD’s word. You just have a way of writing them in a very applicable way.
    ………….

    “If your law had not been my delight, I would have perished in my affliction."
    Psalm 119:92

    I would have perished in my affliction if HIS Word were not my delight. Even in the everyday toils of life, like we see throughout Ecclesiastes, without the hope of CHRIST, what is the meaning of it all?

    What vast hope and joy JESUS has given us—more than we can comprehend!

    …………

    This is a challenge for all of us! But being in GOD’s word to start the day can help us greatly to remember.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen!! 💗 It is so true; there is such a difference in how I live for CHRIST that day by whether I started the day with HIM or not!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts