Be the Encouragement You're Looking For
Still Brewing
Philippians 1:6, 2 Corinthians 3:18, Romans 12:2, Hebrews 10:14, Colossians 3:10, 2 Peter 3:18
☕ Justified in CHRIST and continually being sanctified - we are still brewing! ☕
Still Brewing: Coffee #39
.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。..・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。..・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.
“Therefore do not become partners with them; for at one time you were darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light (for the fruit of light is found in all that is good and right and true), and try to discern what is pleasing to the Lord.”
Ephesians 5:7-10
Ephesians 5:7-10
The relationships in our lives that influence how we live (how we talk, think, and act) need to be encouraging us in our walks with CHRIST.
We go out and love in the world to share the gospel of JESUS with non-believers, but the ones who we let into our close circles must be an influence to strengthen our walk with CHRIST, not decrease. And, this is crucial to go both ways.
Am I someone who helps the people around me in their walks with CHRIST, or do I hinder their growth? When I am not talking about JESUS, is my conduct still that of glorifying CHRIST?
────୨ৎ────
I was just talking about this the other day to someone. On two aspects:
1. That helping one another grow in our walks with JESUS is simpler than we try to make it.
We tend to think that you have to have some great theological knowledge to share or many rich Scripture takeaways. Though both are wonderful and needed, by literally continuing to grow in our walks with JESUS ourselves, that encourages others. By keeping HIM at the center of our conversations, that will strengthen our walks with JESUS.
2. (Which really is also point one) Seeing fellow believers read HIS Word and talk about HIM—especially our closest friends—is going to spur us on to continue running this race well.
By seeing some of the most important people in your life continually put JESUS first, that’s going to be a stronghold of encouragement to put JESUS first yourself!!
All this swings back to being the CHRIST-like encouragement to the people around you, and also surrounding yourself with people who put JESUS first. It needs to go both ways!! You cannot expect to be surrounded by strong believers if you don’t live out being one yourself. Then, seek out strong fellowship within your local church and the body of believers.
Thank you to all the people in my life who spur on my growth in my walk with CHRIST!!
HOLY SPIRIT, continue convicting me to repentance and steadfast growth in becoming more like JESUS.
LORD willing, see you all for our next cup of coffee together!
- Sabina

Hi Sabina, your Blog is a great application of "The Golden Rule" (Matthew 7:12). There is an important need for Spirit led reciprocity. We encourage one another. However, we must avoid gratuitous flattery. I believe, because of my pride, that I don't need encouragement. Of course, that's lie! But, of course, I'm Still Brewing!
ReplyDeleteHaha, I see what you did there 😂 Thank you for the encouragement ;) as always!! 💗 (p.s. I have a blog scheduled for this Thursday!!)
Delete