Filled So I May Overflow

 

Still Brewing 

Philippians 1:6, 2 Corinthians 3:18, Romans 12:2, Hebrews 10:14, Colossians 3:10, 2 Peter 3:18

☕ Justified in CHRIST and continually being sanctified - we are still brewing!


Still Brewing: Coffee #35

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。..・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。..・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Happy July, friends! I cannot believe we have entered the second half of 2026!

"Let there be no filthiness nor foolish talk nor crude joking, which are out of place, but instead let there be thanksgiving."
Ephesians 5:4

This verse is so convicting. How much of what comes out of my mouth is neither uplifting nor full of thanksgiving? So much of it is selfish. In order to live a life of imitation of CHRIST, I need to continually fill my mind with HIS Word so that it can pour outI also need to continually confess and repent of my sinful words.

"And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit, addressing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody to the Lord with your heart, giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, submitting to one another out of reverence for Christ."
Ephesians 5:18-21

Verses 19-21 are some of my favorite verses in Scripture! This section also ties back to verse 4.  Continuing to grow in speaking about JESUS and the things that pertain to HIM more and moreReading so much of HIS Word and praising HIM with song that not only will my conversations with fellow believers be centered on these things, but my conduct and actions will also overflow with the Fruit of the SPIRIT.

────୨ৎ────

I am nowhere near this yet, but thankfully I am safely found in the perfection of JESUSAnd imitation of CHRIST is not an overnight switch; it is our lifelong journey of sanctification while we are on earthA comforting reminder that every moment is a new opportunity to repent and continue working toward this SPIRIT-filled conduct.

I want my thoughts to be so fixed on CHRIST that it's only natural to thank HIM, praise HIM, and speak of HIM!

LORD willing, see you all for our next cup of coffee together! 
- Sabina 

Comments

  1. Sabina, it never ceases to amaze me how relevant your Blogs are to me and I'm sure others! You would think that, as a widower, living alone, my speech pattern would not be much of a challenge. But O contraire! A little secret, I talk to myself and the Lord much of the day. And yes, I may have a few choice words for the TV too! The cliche: "as a man thinkth, so is he" , could also mean, "as a man speakth, so is he"! Some might that this "obsession" with thoughts and speech is burdensome, - Not So! Rather it brings so much Joy! Thank you Sabina for this reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your thoughts and encouragement!! 💗 Both are so true. And plopping them right together, what we think we will speak, is an important reminder. And yes, changing our thought process and speaking habits bring much joy!! 💗

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts