Dress Ourselves for Work

Still Brewing 

Philippians 1:6, 2 Corinthians 3:18, Romans 12:2, Hebrews 10:14, Colossians 3:10, 2 Peter 3:18

☕ Justified in CHRIST and continually being sanctified - we are still brewing!


Still Brewing: Coffee #42

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。..・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。..・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Happy Monday, friends! 

"And I will declare my judgments against them, for all their evil in forsaking me. They have made offerings to other gods and worshiped the works of their own handsBut you, dress yourself for work; arise, and say to them everything that I command you. Do not be dismayed by them, lest I dismay you before them."
Jeremiah 1:16-17

Judah was straying from the LORD and worshiping their sin. Then HE says to Jerusalem, "But you, dress yourself for work."

We are not to follow in the way of straying from GOD and turning to our own sin. And also, when we see others and the nations around us doing this, we are not to let ourselves be dismayed.

We are to dress ourselves as normal and do the daily work the LORD has commanded us.

The verbiage of this action reminded me of us putting on the armor of GOD. (Ephesians 6:10-20) 
Putting on HIS armor is not an action only for special occasions, but for all times.

"Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm."
Ephesians 6:13

────୨ৎ────

The difference between starting your day with JESUS and starting it without intentionally giving HIM honor in the morning is so vast.

And we don't need to overcomplicate it, for JESUS did all the complicated and heavy work in our place. A short prayer, a simple act of praise, or meditating on a single verse goes a long way. It's the action of starting your day with HIM that is so important.

We need to dress ourselves for work. And work is a daily part of our lives (in many capacities, not just occupations).

We also don't need a golden verse to take with us each day. If you have something jump out to you, that is wonderful! But to be equipped for that day, just the daily joy of being in HIS presence is all that we need.

I listened to Jeremiah chapters 1-7 before getting ready for an important meeting. I did have a few things jump out to me, but nothing was specifically applicable to what I was doing. But that was not the point. By spending that time with JESUS, it became a precious necessity for that meeting. I was faced with intense opposition, and I was immensely grateful that I had my JESUS-time to carry me through that appointment.

We need to be reminded of HIM constantly. Wearing HIS armor is a continual action throughout our day. To be dressed in HIM properly, we need to be in HIS presence constantly, giving HIM the honor and glory that HE deserves.

Friends, each and every day, let us dress ourselves for work. Let us wear HIS armor joyfully!

LORD willing, see you all for our next cup of coffee together! 
-Sabina 

Comments

  1. Sabina, the principal of this Blog should be practiced by all Believers. "We need to be reminded of HIM constantly. Wearing HIS armor is a continual action throughout our day. To be dressed in HIM properly, we need to be in HIS presence constantly, giving HIM the honor and glory that HE deserves." And O what a Joy it brings! I have a feeling that most Christians compartmentalize their thoughts. Spiritual thoughts verses common thoughts -- and guess which one wins! I've been blessed with much alone time so it's been easier for me to "Practice the Presence of God"now than when I was in the so called "real world". But remember folks, the Bible is clear: God knows our thoughts!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts