The Joy of Living Water


Still Brewing 

Philippians 1:6, 2 Corinthians 3:18, Romans 12:2, Hebrews 10:14, Colossians 3:10, 2 Peter 3:18

☕ Justified in CHRIST and continually being sanctified - we are still brewing!


Still Brewing: Coffee #40

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。..・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。..・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Hello, friends! Happy August! Today I just have a simple and beautiful truth that I was meditating upon.

With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation.”
Isaiah 12:3 ESV

I was meditating on Isaiah chapter twelve the other day, and verse three in particular was sticking with me the most. Then it clicked with me why. 

“Jesus said to her, “Everyone who drinks of this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.””
John 4:13-14 ESV

JESUS is the Living Water. No wonder it is with joy that we draw the water of salvation! Because JESUS HIMSELF is our salvation!

Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid; for the Lord God is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation.”
Isaiah 12:2 ESV

“Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.’"
John 7:38 ESV

I love the verse in John seven. If we fill ourselves with the eternally satisfying Living Water, how would it not flow out from our own hearts?

If CHRIST has ahold of our souls, let us have HIM capture our entire hearts as well. Let us be wholly enraptured by JESUS! 

Let us be like the woman in John chapter four asking where we can get this Living Water (John 4:15). We know who HE is, so let us joyfully seek HIM for our hearts will never be satisfied in any other water. 

LORD willing, see you all for our next cup of coffee together! 
- Sabina 

Comments

  1. Enraptured. That's a beautiful word. It sounds like you're cought in something wonderful. What's got you feeling that way? A friend used the word. I know what it means, but could you expand on it? Enraptured means being completely captivated or filled with delight, like you're transported by something beautiful or moving. It's stronger than just "happy"or "pleased" -- it's that overwhelming sense of wonder or joy that takes hold of you. Your friend must have been describing something pretty special. Sabina, sometimes just a short phrase or a word can truly bless me. I'm sure you know, I had help from Grok. Captured by Jesus! Mr David

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't use this word very often, but when I do it's always something about JESUS and HIS Word! Pausing and dwelling on words is so important and can greatly impact our time with the LORD. I want to grow to become more enraptured by JESUS! Thank you for your encouragement and taking the time to dwell on HIS Word and English words ;) 💗

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts