When We Lose Our Delight
Still Brewing
Philippians 1:6, 2 Corinthians 3:18, Romans 12:2, Hebrews 10:14, Colossians 3:10, 2 Peter 3:18
☕ Justified in CHRIST and continually being sanctified - we are still brewing! ☕
Still Brewing: Coffee #43
.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。..・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。..・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.
Happy Thursday, friends!
Though it is extremely hard whenever people ask me what my favorite book of the Bible is because I feel like it changes with whatever I am currently studying (LOL), I do always have one chapter I can share.
For a very long time, Psalm 119 has been my favorite chapter in Scripture. It is my prayer and "go-to" whenever I feel like reading the Bible is becoming more of a duty than a delight.
I encourage you, whenever you are in that spot, to pray and then read this chapter.
The writer of Psalm 119 has an overflowing love, longing, and joy for the Word of GOD, and it is so beautiful and contagious.
At the time of writing, the Scriptures available to the psalmist were not yet what we have in their fullness today, and yet there is still such an expressed blessing and necessity for them.
Right now, we have the full Word of GOD in our hands. JESUS has already come to save us. How much more abundantly, then, should our joy be!
────୨ৎ────
In the way of your testimonies I delight
as much as in all riches.
as much as in all riches.
I will meditate on your precepts
and fix my eyes on your ways.
and fix my eyes on your ways.
I will delight in your statutes;
I will not forget your word.
I will not forget your word.
Psalm 119:14-16
Open my eyes, that I may behold
wondrous things out of your law.
wondrous things out of your law.
Psalm 119:18
Turn my eyes from looking at worthless things;
and give me life in your ways.
and give me life in your ways.
Psalm 119:37
Behold, I long for your precepts;
in your righteousness give me life!
in your righteousness give me life!
Psalm 119:40
I will never forget your precepts,
for by them you have given me life.
for by them you have given me life.
Psalm 119:93
Therefore I love your commandments
above gold, above fine gold.
above gold, above fine gold.
Psalm 119:127
Your testimonies are wonderful;
therefore my soul keeps them.
therefore my soul keeps them.
The unfolding of your words gives light;
it imparts understanding to the simple.
it imparts understanding to the simple.
I open my mouth and pant,
because I long for your commandments.
because I long for your commandments.
Psalm 119:129-131
────୨ৎ────
The author also recognizes that HIS Word is what gives us the strength we need for this life.
My soul clings to the dust;
give me life according to your word!
give me life according to your word!
Psalm 119:25
My soul melts away for sorrow;
strengthen me according to your word!
strengthen me according to your word!
Psalm 119:28
This is my comfort in my affliction,
that your promise gives me life.
that your promise gives me life.
Psalm 119:50
────୨ৎ────
Friends, let us be excited to dig into HIS Word together!
LORD willing, see you all for our next cup of coffee together!
-Sabina

Well Sabina, what I have to say might threaten our friendship! Although I love, love Psalm 119, I love, love, love Psalm 139 a little bit more. But, you know what? I believe it delights our Lord that His Word is so very important to us that we run to It whenever we feel sad, happy, frightened, lonely or whatever. And, although I don't comprehend certain passages, the vast majority of Scripture is so clear and relatable. I'm so glad that His Word is so important to us! Blessings, Mr David
ReplyDelete